[rear-users] rear recover from USB Stick fails (2.6)

jsmeix jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Oct 14 13:21:10 CEST 2021

Hello,

On 2021-10-14 13:08, Tobias Bergmann wrote:
> when restoring from the usb stick, the hard disk layout is restored.
> Unfortunately, the tar x is not started automatically.
> It used to work that way.
> What am I doing wrong? (version 2.6)

I have no idea what goes on in your particular case.

Please report your particular case as new issue at
https://github.com/rear/rear/issues
and provide all information we need as listed at
https://github.com/rear/rear/blob/master/.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md

FYI:
You may also have a look at the section
"Debugging issues with Relax-and-Recover" in
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Disaster_Recovery
therein in particular the part about
"To analyze and debug a 'rear recover' failure
  the following information is mandatory"

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg - Germany