[rear-users] example configs

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Dec 14 13:47:41 CET 2018

Hello,

an addendum:

On Dec 14 06:15 Stephen Berg (Code 7309) wrote (excerpt):
> ... USB stick ...
> The goal is to replace and reconfigure the harddisks
> and then to a bare metal recovery of the system.

If "reconfigure" means a change of the hardware
you do actually what we call a "migration", cf.
"Fully compatible replacement hardware is needed" in
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Disaster_Recovery

Regarding migrating a system with ReaR see for example
http://lists.relax-and-recover.org/pipermail/rear-users/2018-November/003626.html
and follow the links therein.

It also describes the generic problem when you use any kind
of disk device (e.g. a USB disk) for the ReaR recovery system.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)