[rear-users] Local use

Charles Chambers cchamb2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 09:14:09 CEST 2017

Hi:

I have a copy of ReaR installed on Debian 16.04.  My eventual objective is
to be able to create a recovery DVD for identical machines.

I'm trying to figure out what combination of options would accomplish the
creation of a ISO image on the test machine being backed up.  Ideally, I'm
expecting to be able to run ReaR, create an ISO image on the desktop, and
burn that ISO image to a DVD.  The backup should not include that ISO image.

I have (for basics) the following options, the interaction of which I do
not understand.:

OUTPUT=ISO
BACKUP=NETFS
OUTPUT_FILE=file://
BACKUP_URL=file://

The problem I'm having is that BACKUP=NETFS requires BACKUP_URL, but
there's not a location BACKUP_URL points to that is not part of the / file
system.  The logic is that ReaR should not recursively back up the system,
so I follow *why* I'm having a problem, just not how to solve it.
--
Charlie
cchamb2 at gmail.com