[rear-users] reboot did not show the recover archrear manu

tinh.do at continental-corporation.com tinh.do at continental-corporation.com
Wed May 10 23:58:57 CEST 2017

Hi Sir,
I follow the instructor and setup the local.conf show show below:

OUTPUT=ISO
BACKUP=NETFS
BACKUP_URL="nfs://10.21.53.184/vol/vol0/apps/rear/"

and after the rear -v mkrescue successully completed , I can confirm the
the iso and other backup files are there on the BACKUP_URL's path

Based on the README file .. show as below:

=====================
# cat README
Usage information for ISO images:
---------------------------------

To recover your system you have to write the attached ISO image onto a
CD/DVD
(as image, not create a CD with the ISO file on it
===================

Question: Do I need to write iso image on a CD/DVD ? and if yes .. Why ?

and because, I rebooted the server.. it comes back online but not on the
"Recover archrear" menu.
I did put   GRUB_RESCUE=1  in /root/grub/grub.conf file... but it does not
boot up to the recover rear.
anything else do I need to update on grub.conf file ?

Thanks,
Tinh

  Tinh B. Do

Server & Cloud Operations - Linux Server
C IN SC LX

Automotive Systems
21440 West Lake Cook Road
4th Floor
Deer Park, IL 60010
Email: tinh.do at continental-corporation.com
Phone: 847-862-0182
Cell: 847-812-6025
Text message: 8478126025 at messaging.sprintpcs.com
Proprietary and confidential. Distribution only by express authority of
Continental AG or its subsidiaries.