[rear-users] restoring logical volumes

Styer, Darryl Darryl.Styer at leidos.com
Thu May 11 14:14:31 CEST 2017

I believe I've seen a restore case where I did not mount a few file systems within logical volumes and after restore those logical volumes existed with old files in them.  I'm restoring to a system that did indeed have older versions of the same logical volumes before the restore.  It occurs to me that if the system being restored had a logical volume that did not exist in the backup that it too might survive the restore. Is it my imagination? If not can I avoid these kinds of issues?

Darryl Styer
Leidos Software Development
Gaithersburg, MD
(301)240-6576