[rear-users] Rear & Genkernel (Gentoo)

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Mar 7 14:05:32 CET 2017

Hello,

On Mar 7 12:54 White, Phil wrote (excerpt):
> I can manually change this by changing default.conf to hard-code
> the kernel naming issue, which has solved the problem for now,
> but it seems like a kludge to me.

See what default.conf reads:
# Here we define and describe all configuration variables
# and set them to a default.
#
# Do not change them here. Set them in your site.conf
# or local.conf file as needed.

In ReaR all is bash scripts - also site.conf and local.conf
are bash scripts - so that you do not need to hard-code
a specific filename for KERNEL_FILE.

You can run any bash scripting in local.conf to autodetect
the KERNEL_FILE as needed in your particular case.

For example something like:

KERNEL_FILE=$( find /boot -name 'kernel-genkernel-*' | tail -n1 )

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)