[rear-users] Unable to find kernel!

Phil White whitepj at manx.biz
Sat Mar 4 23:54:22 CET 2017

Hi Johannes

Well, I'm still getting the same problem.

It all boils down to the detection of the arch variable.

I use Gentoo's script genkernel to create my kernel and initrd. This creates a kernel named kernel-genkernel-x86-<version>.

Rear is looking for kernel-genkernel-i686-<version>.

A am not sure yet which script needs modifying...

I don't really want to hard-code a specific kernel in, since this will break when I update later.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

--
Phil