[rear-users] Make a local ISO image and Rsync to remote server

Westerdale, John John.Westerdale at stryker.com
Mon Aug 21 21:36:34 CEST 2017

Hi all.

Dug thru a fair number of Goog hits, but didn't see how to do an Rsync of an ISO image.

My objective is to make an ISO in a local file system (/reartmp/*.iso) and then move it to a

remote system via Rsync ( via daemon mode ) once complete - then clean up local.

I have rear working (RHEL6 via rear from Repo 6.8 - version 1.17.2-4) to an ISO in a local directory, but don't want to push it over NFS - rather to a more secure location.

Per pg 24 on http://osbconf.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/osbconf2013-en-GratienDhaese-Linux_Disaster_Recovery_Best_Practices.pdf

Backup_URL might be:

Rsync type: BACKUP_URL=rsync::module/directory/hostname.YYYYMMDDHHMM.iso

            But that is not seen!

Thanks for the guidance.

John W.