[rear-users] Regressions with 2-digit user scripts for rear GitHub master code since now.

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Oct 27 17:54:55 CEST 2016

Hello,

right now I merged
https://github.com/rear/rear/pull/1053
into the current Relax-and-Recover master code on GitHub.

Released Relax-and-Recover versions (up to 1.19)
are not changed.

This change is an overall re-numbering of all the current
2-digit "NM_name.sh" scripts into new 3-digit "NM0_name.sh"
scripts.

The initial reason is described in
https://github.com/rear/rear/pull/1022#issuecomment-255676605

Further details are described in
https://github.com/rear/rear/pull/1051#issuecomment-256581232

This re-numbering leads to various needed adaptions:

In particular I adapted the SourceStage function
in framework-functions.sh for scripts with the
new 3-number digits (instead of two before)
to ensure the same sequence of scripts is run
after the re-numbering.

But this channge results that now there are
regressions with 2-digit named user scripts.

With "user scripts" I mean scripts that are not from
Relax-and-Recover but that are added by the user.

Users who have their own 2-digit scripts need to also
renumber/rename their scripts to 3-digit names because
now only 3-digit scripts will work for the new SourceStage
function in framework-functions.sh.

Depending on how many users are hit by that regression
we could think about an automated way how to support
also 2-digit scripts:
My immediate idea is to handle a NM_name.sh script as if
its name was NM0_name.sh or perhaps to simply rename them
automatically from NM_name.sh to NM0_name.sh?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)