[rear-users] automatic eject CD and reboot after recovery

thomas.gosteli at post.ch thomas.gosteli at post.ch
Thu Mar 24 13:30:17 CET 2016

Hi there,
I'm working for the Swiss Post and we're using rear as bare metal backup for our Linux based servers. I'd like to automate the recovery process as much as possible, so I'm already using the option ISO_DEFAULT="automatic" to start the recovery of a server automatically when booted from the iso. Now I'd like to eject the CD/ISO and reboot the server automatically after the restore is finished. Is there any possibility to do this except from modifying the scripts on my own?

Also is the a possible option to exclude nfs/cifs shares from getting backuped by rear even if I don't know where they are mounted? We have over 800 systems using rear and I can't handle all the paths manually for excluding. I thought about the tar option "--one-filesystem", this seems to work quite good but I'm not sure if this is the right approach.

Thank you for your help.
Regards Thomas