[rear-users] Article about ReaR in German Linux Magazin

oh oliver at g.dom.de
Mon Mar 14 02:56:42 CET 2016

Hi Schlomo,

thank you for this clarification. Now mkrescue and mkbackup are
perfectly clear :)

Just two more things I was wondering about while testing ReaR on a USB
stick. If I use NETFS is there a way to cut out files/folders? Something
like the exclude option of rsync.

I used rear mkbackup on quite a new laptop. It has a 128GB SSD running
debian stretch. With that I booted the rescue system on a rather old
laptop with 80 GB HD. Everything should fit as the source system has
less than 16 GB in total. Problem is the partitioning of the disk. It
stops with: parted invalid token: logical. I changed things in
layout/diskrescue.sh but to no avail.
I had a look with parted and found two primary partitions which made no
sense. I would expect that the script would suggest something useful and
ask for approval. This is not really an issue. I was just playing around
but I could provide you with more details.

Regards,

Oliver