[rear-users] Article about ReaR in German Linux Magazin

Oliver Hoffmann oliver at g.dom.de
Fri Mar 11 17:40:37 CET 2016

Hi all,

something I need to get straight about mkrescue. If I just do a rear
format and mkrescue creating a USB stick and boot it up then I would be
dropped to the rescue shell.

If I just do a rear rescue then the result would be a naked system as it
was before but without any data or even extra binaries, won't it?

Means this is only useful if I try to repair the system rather than
carry out a rescue.

In other words in most of the cases mkbackup is what one wants, isn't it?

Thank you,

Oliver