[rear-users] Article about ReaR in German Linux Magazin

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Sat Mar 5 21:17:50 CET 2016

Hi Oliver,

that is very nice!

IMHO the most "usable" use cases for the Linux Magazin audience would be

1) creating a bootable recovery USB media (stick or disk) to recover a
single server or desktop. Backups happen manually, e.g. when the user plugs
in the USB device (we have an udev rule to automate this :-) )

2) using ReaR in the data center in a more automated fashion. NFS for
simple setups and tests, integrating with "real" backup software for
production setups.

If you want feedback feel free to email me your draft privately.