[rear-users] Article about ReaR in German Linux Magazin

Oliver Hoffmann oliver at g.dom.de
Fri Mar 4 19:24:43 CET 2016

Hi list,

I'll write an article about ReaR in a Computer Magazine.

They can be found here:

http://www.linux-magazin.de/

The paper will be in the printed version only though.

Topics will be

-Introduction to ReaR
-Basic use of ReaR
-a use case

The use case will describe how I saved an old Ubuntu Server running on
old HW by using ReaR. The image and backup (to an NFS Server) where then
used to reincarnate it as a VM on a Xen Host.
I'll see how that works on VMWare and/or other virtualisation Software too.

So, if you have suggestions or ideas please tell me. I might have some
question though. I just want to make sure that everything will be
described correctly.

Cheers,

Oliver