[rear-users] RHEL6 UEFI Recover

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Wed Jun 8 17:22:58 CEST 2016

Excellent engineering from your side - did you also execute a recover
with the '--relative' option? If yes, then it might be necessary to add
this option by default?
Gratien

On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 22:33:43 +0000,
"Vegas, Gustavo"  wrote:

Hello again,

 I think I have figured out
what the problem is; the way rsync is being run by ReaR, it assumes all
the paths for all the mounted file systems are absolute from the root
file system - e.g. they are mounted as /. Thus, the /boot/efi file
system is being backed up to servername/backup/efi, as opposed to
servername/backup/boot/efi. I have added -relative to
BACKUP_RSYNC_OPTIONS only on
/usr/share/rear/backup/RSYNC/default/50_make_rsync_backup.sh, and this
seems to have fixed it for me. The restore works as expected and on the
expected path - e.g. /boot/efi.

Thanks,

GUSTAVO VEGAS

Sr. Staff -
Info Sys Engineer | Distributed Services - Distributed Platform Mgmt.

CHARLES SCHWAB & CO., INC.

NOTICE: All email sent to or from the
Charles Schwab corporate email system is subject to archiving,
monitoring and/or review by Schwab personnel.

FROM:
rear-users-bounces at lists.relax-and-recover.org
[mailto:rear-users-bounces at lists.relax-and-recover.org] ON BEHALF OF
Gratien D'haese
SENT: Saturday, May 28, 2016 2:48 AM
TO:
Relax-and-Recover users list
SUBJECT: Re: [rear-users] RHEL6 UEFI
Recover

Hi,

The log file you should have a look into is located in
the /var/log/rear/rear-$(hostname).log.

On Wed, 25 May 2016 14:06:05