[rear-users] making bootable ISO

JB jb at brokaw.net
Wed Jun 1 04:34:18 CEST 2016

I haven't tried to make a bootable ISO since a few versions ago. The
relevant parts of the config file are:

OUTPUT=ISO
BACKUP=NETFS
BACKUP_URL=iso://backup
OUTPUT_URL=file:///home/jb/images/
ISO_MAX_SIZE=4400
TMPDIR="/home/jb/temp"

when I run:
rear -v mkbackup
I get the following error message:
ERROR: Invalid scheme 'iso' in BACKUP_URL 'iso://backup' (only nfs cifs
usb tape file sshfs are valid)
Aborting due to an error, check /var/log/rear/rear-localhost.log for details

This exact same configuration worked in a prior version but seems I'm
either doing something wrong or it broke since then. Should the above
configuration work or did something change? I looked at the release
notes and docs but didn't catch anything that should cause this issue.

Thanks