[rear-users] networking configuration

JB general at itpsg.com
Sun Jul 31 10:52:08 CEST 2016

OK, I'd really like to put this issue to rest.

My restores are never done over the network. There is always
installation media, either USB stick or DVD. My config works just fine.
However it always sits there and times out waiting for a DHCP request
before I can proceed with the installation.

If I leave out both USE_DHCLIENT and USE_STATIC_NETWORKING, the restore
fails with a fatal error.

If I leave out USE_DHCLIENT and specify USE_STATIC_NETWORKING,
regardless of its value, the restore fails with a fatal error.

The only way I can make the restore work is if I specify them both or
just USE_DHCLIENT but I don't want to use DHCLIENT because it needlessly
delays the restore.

Is there a way to design a configuration file that will simply ignore
and not use any networking at all or use static networking with bogus
addresses if something must be present? This is something I've never
been able to get working even after digging through the documentation
and numerous trials.

Thanks,
Jared