[rear-users] Confusion over EXCLUDE_BACKUP vs. BACKUP_PROG_EXCLUDE

David Yang randomfire at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:54:29 CEST 2016

Can someone help me understand the differences between EXCLUDE_BACKUP, and
BACKUP_PROG_EXCLUDE and also when I need to use wildcard * to exclude a
whole directory?  I have been struggling to tame rear into backing up only
items that I've asked, but there's always one machine that misbehaves.

Also, for a NFS automounted directories, do I treat it as if it's a real
filesystem and use EXCLUDE_COMPONENTS to exclude it?  Or would I use some
other variable?

Thanks,
--
David