[rear-users] FUSE sshfs Problem while recovering a Centos7 System

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Jul 7 15:08:00 CEST 2016

Hello,

On Jul 7 13:33 Johannes Meixner wrote (excerpt):
> On Jul 7 11:48 Ralph Gottschalkson wrote (excerpt):
>> BACKUP_URL=sshfs://sambasave@10.2.3.4/home/sambasave/Backup
>> MODULES_LOAD=( vmxnet vmxnet3 e1000e e1000 fuse hpsa )
>> When I ty to recover I get a message like :
>> "can't load FUSEFS please load the fuse module"
>> but in the section "MODULES_LOAD" is fuse.
>>
>> When I type "modprobe fuse " an then do a "rear recover"
>> it works flawlessly .. hm?
>
> This one looks like a bug in rear because
> usr/share/rear/conf/default.conf reads
> # autoload these modules in the given order
> MODULES_LOAD=()
> so that you could expect that rear actually loads
> all what is listed in MODULES_LOAD.
>
> Please submit a GitHub issue for that, see
> http://relax-and-recover.org/support/
> and "How to contribute to Relax-and-Recover (rear)" at
> https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Disaster_Recovery

Interestingly as far as I see it seems
there is already code in rear namely in
usr/share/rear/verify/NETFS/default/05_check_NETFS_requirements.sh
to automatically do appropriate MODULES_LOAD stuff
for sshfs and ftpfs.

But it seems either somehow that code does not work
or I misunderstand something here.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)