[rear-users] FUSE sshfs Problem while recovering a Centos7 System

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Jul 7 13:33:54 CEST 2016

Hello,

On Jul 7 11:48 Ralph Gottschalkson wrote (excerpt):
> BACKUP_URL=sshfs://sambasave@10.2.3.4/home/sambasave/Backup
> MODULES_LOAD=( vmxnet vmxnet3 e1000e e1000 fuse hpsa )
> When I ty to recover I get a message like :
> "can't load FUSEFS please load the fuse module"
> (and I think "Hey If YOU KNOW the Problem WHY don't YOU
> load the fuse module by yourselves?  :-) ")

I cannot find anything in the rear sources rhat
contains 'load .* fuse' (with ignore case).

Please provide 100% exact (error) messages so that we do
not need to guess for what we should search in our code.

Please show us who "YOU" is.
I.e. show us what exactly that "YOU" is
where you think that it knows the problem
and can also even fix it on hos own by just

> but in the section "MODULES_LOAD" is fuse.
>
> When I type "modprobe fuse " an then do a "rear recover"
> it works flawlessly .. hm?

This one looks like a bug in rear because
usr/share/rear/conf/default.conf reads
# autoload these modules in the given order
MODULES_LOAD=()
so that you could expect that rear actually loads
all what is listed in MODULES_LOAD.

Please submit a GitHub issue for that, see
http://relax-and-recover.org/support/
and "How to contribute to Relax-and-Recover (rear)" at
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Disaster_Recovery

In particular regarding loading the fuse kernel module
automatically (regardless of MODULES_LOAD) when
BACKUP_URL=sshfs://...
I assume the mount_url() function in
usr/share/rear/lib/global-functions.sh
needs to be enhanced for sshfs in the same way
as I implemented it for the ftpfs case, cf.
https://github.com/rear/rear/issues/845
and
https://github.com/rear/rear/pull/859

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)