[rear-users] FUSE sshfs Problem while recovering a Centos7 System

Ralph Gottschalkson Ralph.Gottschalkson at rathaus.potsdam.de
Thu Jul 7 11:48:21 CEST 2016

Dear readers,

I'm backing up a system with the following local.conf
----
OUTPUT=ISO
BACKUP=NETFS
# with publich key ..
BACKUP_URL=sshfs://sambasave@10.2.3.4/home/sambasave/Backup

MODULES_LOAD=( vmxnet vmxnet3 e1000e e1000 fuse hpsa )

USE_DHCLIENT=Yes
DHCLIENT_BIN=dhclient

# activate the old HP CCISS with the new hpsa driver
# and hammer in fuse
KERNEL_CMDLINE="biosdevname=0 net.ifnames=0 rhgb hpsa.hpsa_simple_mode=1 hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 fuse"

AUTOEXCLUDE_PATH=( /media /data )
EXCLUDE_BACKUP=( /media /data/ftp /data/SAMBA )
EXCLUDE_RECREATE=(/data/ftp /data/SAMBA)

ONLY_INCLUDE_VG=( "centos" )

When I ty to recover I get  a message like : "can't load FUSEFS please load the fuse module"
(and I think "Hey If YOU KNOW the Problem WHY don't YOU load the fuse module by yourselves?  :-) ")

but in the section "MODULES_LOAD" is fuse.

When I type "modprobe fuse " an then do a "rear recover" it works flawlessly .. hm?

So I think that I forget something in the local.conf. But what?

Thanks for reading.

Ralph