[rear-users] ERROR: dsmc query filespace failed

Mangal Singh mglsaini at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:15:59 CEST 2016

Hi Gratien,

Thank you for the concern, option "BACKUP=NETFS" is already changed in
"/etc/rear/local.conf" and today I taken OS complete backup with "rear -v
mkbackup" and iso as well OS tar files saved on nfs server successfully and
same bootable iso also saved in server (/var/lib/rear/
But when try to restore OS with same bootable iso which crated through
"rear -v mkbackup" than at prompt it's showing TSM instead of NETFS, please
find the attached snapshot for the reference.

Also this line "Check the local.conf file on the rescue image" not cleared
to me, I am not able to find local.conf file in iso file which created
through rear mkbakcup, might be I am searching in wrong way. Please suggest
and help me on this issue. Thank you in advance.

[root at XXXXX ~]# cat /etc/rear/local.conf
## configuration file /etc/rear/local.conf
# sample local configuration
# Create Relax-and-Recover rescue media as ISO image
OUTPUT=ISO
BACKUP=NETFS
BACKUP_URL="nfs://10.81.230.137/export/install/rearBKP"
[root at XXXXX ~]#

[root at XXXXX ~]# ll /var/lib/rear/output/
total 113392
-rw-------. 1 root root 116113408 Jul  6 16:28 rear-XXXXX.iso
[root at XXXXX ~]#
nfs server where rear bakcup saved.

[root at XXXXX ~]# ll /export/install/rearBKP/XXXXX/
total 4847972
-rw------- 1 root root   11930699 Jul  6 17:33 backup.log
-rw------- 1 root root 4836080487 Jul  6 17:33 backup.tar.gz
-rw------- 1 root root        202 Jul  6 16:28 README
-rw------- 1 root root     179439 Jul  6 16:28 rear.log
-rw------- 1 root root  116113408 Jul  6 16:28 rear-XXXXX.iso
-rw------- 1 root root          0 Jul  6 17:33 selinux.autorelabel
-rw------- 1 root root        266 Jul  6 16:28 VERSION
[root at XXXXX ~]#

[root at XXXXX wa4202]# mount -o loop rear-XXXXX.iso /abc
[root at XXXXX wa4202]# ll /abc/
total 2
drwx------ 2 root root 2048 Jul  6 16:28 isolinux
[root at XXXXX wa4202]# ll /abc/isolinux/
total 113013
-r--r--r-- 1 root root      2048 Jul  6 16:28 boot.cat
-rw------- 1 root root     20832 Jul  6 16:28 chain.c32
-rw------- 1 root root    341172 Jul  6 16:28 hdt.c32
-rw------- 1 root root 108973550 Jul  6 16:28 initrd.cgz
-rw------- 1 root root     24576 Jul  6 16:28 isolinux.bin
-rw------- 1 root root      2224 Jul  6 16:28 isolinux.cfg
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   5153536 Apr  8 11:13 kernel
-rw------- 1 root root     55140 Jul  6 16:28 menu.c32
-rw------- 1 root root       266 Jul  6 16:28 message
-rw------- 1 root root    993997 Jul  6 16:28 pci.ids
-rw------- 1 root root       239 Jul  6 16:28 poweroff.com