[rear-users] ERROR: dsmc query filespace failed

Mangal Singh mglsaini at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:10:48 CEST 2016

Hi Gratien,

Thank you for the concern, option "BACKUP=NETFS" is already changed in
"/etc/rear/local.conf" and today I taken OS complete backup with "rear -v
mkbackup" and iso as well OS tar files which are saved on nfs server
successfully and same bootable iso also saved in server
(/var/lib/rear/output/xxxx.iso)
But when try to restore OS with same bootable iso which crated through
"rear -v mkbackup" than at prompt it's showing TSM instead of NETFS, below
snapshot for the reference.

[image: Inline image 1]

Also this line "Check the local.conf file on the rescue image" not cleared
to me, I am not able to find local.conf file in iso file which created
through rear mkbakcup, might be I am searching in wrong way. Please suggest
and help me on this issue. Please let me know if anything require from my
end.
Thank you in advance.

[root at XXXXX ~]# cat /etc/rear/local.conf
## configuration file /etc/rear/local.conf
# sample local configuration
# Create Relax-and-Recover rescue media as ISO image

*OUTPUT=ISOBACKUP=NETFSBACKUP_URL="nfs://10.81.230.137/export/install/rearBKP
<http://10.81.230.137/export/install/rearBKP>"*
[root at XXXXX ~]#

[root at XXXXX ~]# ll /var/lib/rear/output/
total 113392
-rw-------. 1 root root 116113408 Jul  6 16:28 rear-XXXXX.iso
[root at XXXXX ~]#
*nfs server where rear bakcup saved.*

[root at XXXXX ~]# ll /export/install/rearBKP/XXXXX/
total 4847972
-rw------- 1 root root   11930699 Jul  6 17:33 backup.log
-rw------- 1 root root 4836080487 Jul  6 17:33 backup.tar.gz
-rw------- 1 root root        202 Jul  6 16:28 README
-rw------- 1 root root     179439 Jul  6 16:28 rear.log
-rw------- 1 root root  116113408 Jul  6 16:28 rear-XXXXX.iso
-rw------- 1 root root          0 Jul  6 17:33 selinux.autorelabel
-rw------- 1 root root        266 Jul  6 16:28 VERSION
[root at XXXXX ~]#

[root at XXXXX wa4202]# mount -o loop rear-XXXXX.iso /abc
[root at XXXXX wa4202]# ll /abc/
total 2
drwx------ 2 root root 2048 Jul  6 16:28 isolinux
[root at XXXXX wa4202]# ll /abc/isolinux/
total 113013
-r--r--r-- 1 root root      2048 Jul  6 16:28 boot.cat
-rw------- 1 root root     20832 Jul  6 16:28 chain.c32
-rw------- 1 root root    341172 Jul  6 16:28 hdt.c32
-rw------- 1 root root 108973550 Jul  6 16:28 initrd.cgz
-rw------- 1 root root     24576 Jul  6 16:28 isolinux.bin
-rw------- 1 root root      2224 Jul  6 16:28 isolinux.cfg
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   5153536 Apr  8 11:13 kernel
-rw------- 1 root root     55140 Jul  6 16:28 menu.c32
-rw------- 1 root root       266 Jul  6 16:28 message
-rw------- 1 root root    993997 Jul  6 16:28 pci.ids
-rw------- 1 root root       239 Jul  6 16:28 poweroff.com