[rear-users] Ubuntu 12.04 dhcp issue

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Sun Feb 7 12:28:33 CET 2016

When booted up from the rescue image you could check the
/etc/rear/rescue.conf configuration file to verify if USE_DHCLIENT was
defined or not.
If it was, check the /var/log/messages file if you see
an error around dhcp? Furthermore, you could check the scripts under
/etc/scripts/system-setup.d directory and search for dhcp startup
sequence. Perhaps it could not find the binary?

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016