[rear-users] Help migrating Scientific Linux 7.2

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Aug 26 15:31:45 CEST 2016

Hello,

On Aug 25 11:27 Johannes Meixner wrote (excerpt):
> On Aug 24 11:27 James M. Pulver wrote (excerpt):
>> Is there a way to skip deleting the partitions?
>> so just a way to then get REAR to copy the files back
> I.e. you ask for a counterpart of "rear mkbackuponly"
> in the recovery system like "rear restoreonly"?

Because of that I submitted
https://github.com/rear/rear/issues/987
RFC:
Have "rear restoreonly" as counterpart of "rear mkbackuponly" ?

FYI:
I do not use Scientific Linux.
My current test system is SUSE SLES12-SP2-RC1.
I.e. the commands that I posted in my other mails made it work
for me on SLES12-SP2-RC1 but may be wrong on Scientific Linux.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)