[rear-users] Help migrating Scientific Linux 7.2

James M. Pulver jmp242 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 25 15:11:50 CEST 2016

Well, in this case it was more like REAR created the partitions, but
doesn't realize it till it reboots. But if I do that and re-run rear
recover, it deletes the partitions, re creates them, and I loop around.
So I figured we might start a little later on in the process. That seems
to me like an effective work-around for the bugs listed in this thread
for parted, i.e. make it so you *can* reboot so the kernel picks up the
changes and continue from there.

ReaR could either look to see if the partitions exist on rear recover
and then overwrite the data only (i.e. skip deleting and creating
partitions) or ask the user if this is after a reboot and do they want
to skip partition creation as they seem to already exist matching the
backup...

James Pulver
CLASSE Computer Group
Cornell University