[rear-users] Help migrating Scientific Linux 7.2

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Aug 25 11:27:43 CEST 2016

Hello,

On Aug 24 11:27 James M. Pulver wrote (excerpt):
> Is there a way to skip deleting the partitions?
> so just a way to then get REAR to copy the files back

Perhaps I misunderstand you but I think you mean
that in the recovery system "rear recover" should
not do partitioning, creating filesystems, and
after backup restor install the bootloader?

Instead it should use the disk as is,
only restore the backup and exit?

I.e. you ask for a counterpart of "rear mkbackuponly"
in the recovery system like "rear restoreonly"?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)