[rear-users] restore on FakeRAID fails

Frank Sommer f.sommer at konzeptra.at
Wed Aug 24 16:52:52 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am completely new to rear, but it is my last hope, after wasting so much
time with clonezilla.
The situation is:

I have a fresh installed Ubuntu 16 LTS, on an asrock x99 extreme MB with
enabled RAID10. Partitions are:
* sda1 /
* sda5 swap
* sda6 unformatted (planned for DRBD)
I created a bootable USB-stick, which went without problems. After booting I
tried a restore, which failed with

-----

Trace 7:
/usr/share/rear/layout/prepare/GNU/Linux/10_include_partition_code.sh:217
create_partitions

Trace 8: /usr/share/rear/lib/layout-functions.sh:328 get_partition_number

Trace 9: /usr/share/rear/lib/_input-output-functions.sh:150 StopIfError

Message: Partition number '' of partition  is not a valid number.

-----

So, what I missed? Do I have to create a partition or is sth. to change for
the raid stuff?

Thank you.