[rear-users] Help migrating Scientific Linux 7.2

James M. Pulver jmp242 at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 23 20:39:18 CEST 2016

So if I get an error with 1.18.3 (which I upgraded to from the rpm on
OpenSUSE - which btw is the same error as with the 1.17-2) that
device sda has size 31376707072, 256060514304 expected

And then I get issues with partition 11 again. Looking at it, it seems
like there's a bug that's adding a 1 to the front of the partition for the
parted -s /dev/nvme0n1 set 11 boot on
should be
parted -s /dev/nvme0n1 set 1 boot on

setting 11 to 1 and 12 to 2 in the restore script lets it continue till
it gets to partprobe. I get a message error informing the kernel about
modifications to partition /dev/nvme0n1p1 -- device or resource busy. So
I think I need to figure this bit out...

James Pulver
CLASSE Computer Group
Cornell University