[rear-users] Rear Recovery from OS Rescue Mode

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Fri Apr 1 10:01:40 CEST 2016

Hi Jeffrey,

short: YMMV and you need to know what you do.

long: This is not a supported or tested use case and therefore will require
some manual setup once you are in the CentOS rescue environment. ReaR needs
a lot of programs which it includes in the ReaR rescue media. If they are
missing in the CentOS rescue media then you will be stuck. In any case ReaR
recreates your system based on information that it collected previously. If
you don't have this information then ReaR won't be able to do anything for
you.

Do you have a ReaR rescue medium that won't boot? What exactly is your
scenario?