[rear-users] variable in local.conf not usable in default.conf

Robert Owens rowens at fdrinnovation.com
Tue Sep 22 15:30:03 CEST 2015

In the interest of keeping my prep script simple, I will probably assume
the 99% case where there is only a single installation -- for now, at least.

Our backup product backs up z/OS (mainframe), zLinux (Linux on
mainframe), x86 Linux, Windows, Solaris, AIX, HPUX, and maybe some
others I'm forgetting at the moment.  Data can be backed up to the
mainframe, Windows, Linux, etc.

At the moment, I'm working on support for x86 Linux, which looks like it
might be fairly simple.  Next might be zLinux, but I will have to wait
for management's direction on that.  There is some information I'll need
for recovery of a zLinux system that I don't think ReaR collects at the
moment (dasd, for instance).

I'm not a developer and I probably won't be writing most of the code for
this.  I'm the open source guy at my office, so I've been tasked with
getting this all arranged.  Could you point me to a how-to on creating a
forked ReaR repo on GitHub?

-Rob