[rear-users] variable in local.conf not usable in default.conf

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Mon Sep 21 21:07:29 CEST 2015

 Not sure what you are trying to achieve? Is this about a new product
 integration?
 The array COPY_AS_IS_FDRUPSTREAM=( ) in default.conf is mainly meant to
 have a basic definition that you can use in different places.
 E.g. in prep script you can initialize or add paths to this array:
 COPY_AS_IS_FDRUPSTREAM=( ${COPY_AS_IS_FDRUPSTREAM[@]} /opt/fdrupstream )

 You should be aware that default.conf is read first and
 {site,local}.conf as last and do not forget to treat the config files as
 bash scripts!

 If you explain in abit more detail what you want to achieve we could
 provide a better answer.

 thanks,
 Gratien

 On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:18:27 -0400, Robert Owens
 <rowens at fdrinnovation.com> wrote:
> I'm writing Relax-and-recover support for my company's backup
> product. With a hardcoded path for our install directory, everything
> works.  But if I try to abstract the install directory with a
> variable
> in local.conf, I find that I cannot use that variable in
> default.conf.
>
> For instance, this works in default.conf:
>
> COPY_AS_IS_FDRUPSTREAM=( /opt/fdrupstream )
>
> But this doesn't work in default.conf, even though
> $FDRUPSTREAM_INSTALL_PATH is defined as /opt/fdrupstream in
> local.conf:
>
> FDRUPSTREAM_INSTALL_PATH=/opt/non-existent
> COPY_AS_IS_FDRUPSTREAM=( "$FDRUPSTREAM_INSTALL_PATH" )
>
> (In this example, I'm trying to override the default value with the
> value provided in local.conf).
>
> Thanks for any pointers you can provide.
>
> -Rob

 Gratien D'haese
 IT3 Consultants bvba
 Vennestraat 15, B-2560 Nijlen