[rear-users] SL7 latest REAR - doesn't backup or restore capabilities

James M. Pulver jmp242 at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 8 16:42:19 CEST 2015

After my test backup of SL7.1 with ReaR using NETFS TAR from a HDD, and
then a restore to an SSD on the same computer, my ping program stopped
working for users other than root. It turned out to be that the
capabilities settings were lost. The easiest fix was to reinstall ping,
but this seems like a bug for what ReaR is intended to do. Or else I've
yet again missed something in the config.

--
James Pulver
CLASSE Computer Group