[rear-users] need testing advice - REQUIRED_PROGS containing spaces

Robert Owens rowens at fdrinnovation.com
Wed Oct 21 17:19:04 CEST 2015

I'd like to make a change that would allow spaces in the contents of
REQUIRED_PROGS.  This would allow checking for programs that may be
installed in a directory containing a space.

I've tested this using BACKUP=FDRUPSTREAM and it works.  But since this
change would affect all ReaR users, and not just users of my company's
backup product, I'm looking for advice on test cases, or thoughts on
where this could go wrong.

The change is small.  I've simply quoted the two variables in the
has_binary function of /usr/share/rear/lib/_input-output-functions.sh:

# Check if any of the binaries/aliases exist
has_binary() {
         for bin in "$@"; do
                 if type "$bin" >&8 2>&1; then
                         return 0