[rear-users] Recover option never produces an interactive shell on Ubuntu 14.04

Robert Owens rowens at fdrinnovation.com
Thu Oct 15 19:53:57 CEST 2015

'dpkg-reconfigure bash' gave a message about update-alternatives and
bash-builtins.7.gz.  But 'dpkg-reconfigure dash' allowed me to choose
not to use dash as the default command interpreter.  That resulted in
/bin/sh linking to bash, instead of dash.  But I get the same behavior
out of ReaR -- no interactive shell when using the "Recover" boot
option.  (Yes, I made a new ISO after changing to bash).

Any other ideas?

-Rob