[rear-users] make rescue image without backup; backup excludes

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Tue Mar 24 12:48:43 CET 2015

 Hi Dieter,

 please use rear-1.17 instead as it contains fixes for EMC Networker 8x.
 To work with NSR you should better use the following:
 BACKUP=NSR
 OUTPUT=ISO
 in site.conf. Like that it will only create an ISO image and take a
 backup of the ISO image via NSR. No tar archive should be created with
 'rear mkrescue' or 'rear mkbackup'

 regards,
 Gratien

 On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:32:26 +0000, <Dieter.Michaelis at zivit.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have started  using rear 1.16.1 on SLES 11 and Legato Networker
> Client 8.0.
>
> On some machines with very large file systems, rear -mkbackup fails
> because  /tmp is not big enogh for creating the rear backup files.
> On some machines, also the manual Networker backup started by rear
> fails.
> I  would prefer to create a rescue image (root partition + Networker
> client) only - the Networker recovery can be done later by the backup
> team.
>
> How can I
> -restrict the rear backup to create a rescue image only -exclude
> large file systems from the backup
>
> I have tried
> -rear mkrescue
> -"EXCLUDE_BACKUP=('/bigfs/*')" in site.conf
> -"EXCLUDE_BACKUP_PRG=('/bigfs/*')" in site.conf
> -"EXCLUDE_MOUNTPOINTS=('/bigfs')" in site.conf
> But it does not work.
> Rear always starts creating backup files in /tmp from all mounted
> filesystems and the disk runs full.
> Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Kind regards, Dieter

 Gratien D'haese