[rear-users] backup up to a local file

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Jan 15 00:24:40 CET 2015

I don't know that you're doing anything wrong as such, but I'm no expert in
this.  I suspect a work-around is to make sure BACKUP_URL is not on the
root filesystem, such has having /home on its own filesystem, or (assuming
sufficient RAM) setting BACKUP_URL=file:///tmp/rear-localhost.iso, or
having the target on a network-mounted filesystem.

This error message comes from 40_automatic_exclude_recreate.sh.  It think
what it's trying to do is to avoid including the output ISO as part of the
backup.