[rear-users] Recover From EMC Legato Networker

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Wed Dec 23 20:53:55 CET 2015

​Hi Blaxton,​

On 23 December 2015 at 16:34, Blaxton <blaxxton at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, I was able to start the recovery from EMC Legato by choosing recover
> and then deleting ipv6 address
> from both eth0 and loopback.

​I am happy to hear that you have a first success with the actual recovery.
​

> To make it easy , there should be a directive in /etc/rear/local.conf to
> disable ipv6.

​Yes and no. ReaR should faithfully replicate ​the network configuration of
the original system. If IPv6 is disabled in your original system but not
disabled in the rescue system then this is a bug.

Could you please be so kind and go to
https://github.com/rear/rear/issues/new and create a GitHub issue for us to
track this?

In case there is no such directive or option, can you please let me know
> where is the best place to start adding this option ?

​I think that ATM​ ReaR actually does not handle IPv6 whatsoever. As long
as we don't I think that we should force IPv6 to be disabled regardless of
the situation in the orginal system. Maybe also add a warning if IPv6 is
active that ReaR does not support IPv6 and that the rescue system will not
have IPv6 enabled.

For very simple setups (everything autoconfigured) it might work, but
anything fancy probably won't. And of course all the IP mapping etc. also
won't work.