[rear-users] Recover From EMC Legato Networker

Blaxton blaxxton at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 00:33:51 CET 2015

I am testing the restore from tape backup using EMC Legato Networker.
I did add below line to /etc/rear/local.conf:BACKUP=NSR
And then did run:rear -v mkrescue

At the time of creating ISO image, noticed that / and /boot should be recovered:EMC Networker will recover these filesystems: / /boot

Booted up the server from ISO image and chose Recover and then rear recoverbut now it says can't find /boot/grub.
Why ?How come /boot is there but not /boot/grub ?
The other problem is ipv6.We have disabled ipv6 in our Linux servers, and there is no ipv6 ipaddress in /etc/hosts,and now EMC Legato networker is complaining that there is no ipv6 address for localhost in /etc/hostsbecause network interface having ipv6 address assigned.
How we can disable ipv6 in ISO image ?so when we boot from ISO, there would be no ipv6 address assigned to eth0.

Thanks