[rear-users] Error with rpcbind and portmapper

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Wed Aug 12 09:17:54 CEST 2015

When it fails the next time check manually if portmap or rpcbind is
running. You could verify with also rpcinfo -p localhost
Furthermore,
verify the /var/log/messages file or use dmesg command to check if you
find a specific error for these actions.
There must be a reason why the
portmap doesn't want to start up properly. Perhaps it is missing a
library, but that is very unlikely.

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 15:14:58