[rear-users] Bonded NICs

Jeffrey D. Fulmer JDFulmer at Armstrong.com
Tue Sep 30 21:16:05 CEST 2014

I did a recursive grep inside /usr/share/rear and found SIMPLY_BONDING. I added it to local.conf

SIMPLIFY_BONDING=y

None of the bonding came up, just eth0. I was able to config that with its new address and I was on the network.

Since I was cloning to different hardware, I was unable to boot after cloning. I solved that problem by chroot'ing /mnt/local and making a new kernel:

chroot /mnt/local
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
cd /boot
mkinitrd -f -v initrd-2.6.32-431.20.3.el6.x86_64kdump.img 2.6.32-431.20.3.el6.x86_64

HINT: whatever you call the kernel, make sure you have a directory by the same name in /lib/modules

i.e.,
/lib/modules/2.6.32-431.20.3.el6.x86_64

Jeff