[rear-users] rear recover via nfs fails

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Nov 7 12:37:27 CET 2014

Hello,

On Nov 7 10:53 Maik Sievers wrote (excerpt):
> in the past it was working, but now I am getting this message:
>
> mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking
> mount.nfs: Either user -o nolock

You may try this in /etc/rear/local.conf
(or where your rear config is):
# BACKUP_OPTIONS variable contains the NFS mount options and
# with 'mount -o nolock' no rpc.statd (plus rpcbind) are needed:
BACKUP_OPTIONS="nfsvers=3,nolock"

See /usr/share/rear/conf/default.conf
# As NFSv4 is not fully supported with rear (yet) it is safer to
# use BACKUP_OPTIONS="nfsvers=3,nolock" in the local.conf file.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX GmbH -- Maxfeldstrasse 5 -- 90409 Nuernberg -- Germany
HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg) GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer