[rear-users] rear ISO Limit is configured but doesn`t accept

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Thu Mar 13 23:36:22 CET 2014

On 13 March 2014 22:51, Gratien D'haese <gratien.dhaese at it3.be> wrote:

> then it must be mkisofs that cannot handle files larger then 4 GB (2^32
> bytes limitation). The version shipped by RHEL is far behind the Schillings
> version I'm afraid. Perhaps file a bugzilla at RH?

​IIRC ISO9660 has a file size limit and one must use UDF for larger files.
That is also what the error message says: There is no way to represent this
file size​.

I don't have any experience with creating bootable UDF, so some
experimentation might be needed.

Another way might be to simply split the backup files into smaller chunks.