[rear-users] FW: [Solved]: Recovery Error - Thanks Schlomo :)

Jim Carpenter (Pactera Technologies) v-jicarp at microsoft.com
Thu Jul 17 16:48:19 CEST 2014

Hello Schlomo & Rear Users,

Apologies, sent a reply yesterday, but not to rear-users, just to schlomo at schapiro.org<mailto:schlomo at schapiro.org>. Please see forwarded email below for answers to yesterdays questions.

After fixing the layout yesterday, I got busy and could not work on it anymore. However, the recover runs smoothly up until it start restoring the data from the backup.tar.gz file.

Below is as much information as I could dig out relating to the error. Any idea what I can do to rectify this?

It aborts during this process, with:
/usr/share/rear/restore/NETFS/default/40_restore_backup.sh: line 42: [: ==: unary operator expected
…
gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: unexpected EOF in archive
2014-07-16 06:38:05 WARNING !
Please check ‘/var/log/rear/rear-$servername.log’ for more information. You should also
Manually check the restored system to see wether it is complete.
…
2014-07-16 06:38:10 Including finalize/GNU/Linux/16_rename_diskbyid.sh
Device node note found
Device node not found
Device node not found
Device node not found (continues 16 times)
…
Chroot: failed to run command ‘/bin/bash’: No such file or directory   #but I can see the dir in the shell?
Initramfs creation for Kernel MMS_BIN failed, please check ‘/var/log/rear/rear-$servername.log’ to see the error #this is the log
Initramfs creation for Kernel app failed…
Initramfs creation for Kernel data1 failed…
Initramfs creation for Kernel data2 failed…
Initramfs creation for Kernel dev failed…
Initramfs creation for Kernel home failed…
Initramfs creation for Kernel lib64 failed…
Initramfs creation for Kernel lost+found failed…
Initramfs creation for Kernel mnt failed…
Initramfs creation for Kernel proc failed…
Initramfs creation for Kernel sys failed…
Initramfs creation for Kernel tmp failed…
Initramfs creation for Kernel usr failed…
…
Installing grub bootloader