[rear-users] Recovery Issue

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Tue Jul 15 16:33:25 CEST 2014

Hello Jim,

ReaR is rather simple with how it finds its files: It follows the
configuration in /etc/rear and does not do any kind of auto discovery.

If your NFS path changed between backup and recovery then you can simply
edit that configuration in the rescue system before running "rear recover".

What do you mean by "it no longer exists"? Obviously ReaR cannot recover
your system without the backup archive :-)

Did you check the network configuration before running rear recover? Make
sure that you can at least ping your NFS server.