[rear-users] Shortname vs longname causes "show log" to fail

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Jul 14 08:45:55 CEST 2014

Hi

Due to an error when trying to recover, I get a menu giving me several
options, one of which is to view the log.  If I try, it gives me an error.
 Turns out that it's trying to show me a logfile that has my server's FQDN
instead of shortname.

I think the shortname is what's supposed to be used (conf/default.conf sets
HOSTNAME to "$(hostname -s)").  But it seems
skel/default/etc/scripts/system-setup has this line:

       (1) less /var/log/rear/rear-`uname -n`.log;;

I think it should be using $HOSTNAME instead of `uname -n`.