[rear-users] Linux VM on LPAR with ReaR backup/restore issue!

Dash, Pradyumna pradyumnakumar.dash at capgemini.com
Thu Feb 20 13:15:53 CET 2014

Hi,

I am using ReaR for backup and restore of my Linux VM's, The VM's running on VMware ESX platform working great , restoration is fine but the Linux VM's
running on LPAR creating issues while boot .  Please help.

I have used the below command :

#rear mkbackup

But when I see the directory where its backed up I can see the below files:    I have also a doubt as the backed up tar file size is very small. Not sure.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      531 Jan 29 04:03 backup.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    15163 Jan 29 04:03 backup.tar.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      202 Jan 29 04:03 README
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   144312 Jan 29 04:03 rear.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 61739008 Jan 29 04:03 rear-test.iso
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root        0 Jan 29 04:03 selinux.autorelabel
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      262 Jan 29 04:03 VERSION

Regards,
/Pradyumna