[rear-users] request for help to configure - backing up the entire system running Linux

Ananda Venkataraman ANANDA.VENKATARAMAN at cpa.state.tx.us
Sun Apr 27 14:51:00 CEST 2014

Hello,

  I am trying to configure the ReaR.  My goal is to configure the Rear to backup the entire system running LinuxOS.  So I would like to backup and recover the "/", "/boot" directories to ISO output.  I would like to first place the iso locally.  At present I could get the ISO output placed locally.  However, my ISO output is about 30-40MB.  So I would like to request your help to configure the /etc/rear/local.conf with the an example of variables to be used in the local.conf for backing  up the entire system.  The "/" directory is about 3.0GB.  Thanks.

V.A.

mailto:ananda.venkataraman at cpa.state.tx.us

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication and any attachments may contain privileged or confidential information under the Texas Public Information Act and/or applicable state and federal laws.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately.