[rear-users] Failed Restore

Gary Schiltz gary at cloudforestsystems.com
Wed Apr 16 18:09:19 CEST 2014

I will open an issue as you recommended, but I will try a few things
first and report back. The interesting thing is that it appears that
LVM may already be configured (at least there are two files in
/dev/mapper, i.e. the ones that represent my two logical volumes) when
the script is trying to create the RAID device, and LVM in my config
uses a logical volume that is provided by the RAID device. In fact, if
I abort the installation and cat /proc/mdstat, it shows the RAID
device part way though syncing. Perhaps the OS has detected the
existing layout and lvm and/or mdadm have started and are holding on
to the drives?