[rear-users] CommVault 10 support

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Wed Sep 11 20:26:56 CEST 2013

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:11:29 -0400, John Baldwin  wrote:  Well Schlomo I
was a bit premature on the successful testing. I created GALAXY10
directories from the /usr/share/rear/*/GALAXY7/default directories. Added
lines for GALAXY10 in the /usr/share/rear/conf/default.conf. All other
changes was changing any /opt/galaxy directory references to /opt/simpana
Also renamed any "*GALAXY7*" variables to "*GALAXY10*" Corrected an issue
with the restore/GALAXY10/default/40_restore_with_galaxy.sh script adding
?iat* to line 54 changing it to ?uspend*|*end*|?unn*|?ait*) so the recover
process can handle the backup process waiting status that happen on any
restore. Unfortunately not all files restored and an ramdisk error
prevented the Grub boot loader from being successful. Also have an issue
that an incorrect option being used in the mkswap command. I edited the
diskrestore command and then was able to continue the restore process. I
will do a little more testing but when I worked with the NBU code the basic
functionality worked. This may be more difficult for me to troubleshoot
these issues. Communication with the comm vault server is working fine.

Hi John,

could you open an issue for the mkswap incorrect option thing?

Perhaps make an issue for GALAXY10 too. Is GALAXY still a valid name or
would SIMPANA (what a name??) be better?

thx, Gratien